Romain Brau, Designer. A graduate of the prestigious Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Romain Brau founded the Belgian concept boutique RA in 2009 with fellow Royal Academy graduate Anna Kushnerova. Using the store as an exhibition space, Brau launched an eponymous label in January 2010. His clothing incorporates fur, headpieces, and mixed media to create fantastical and romantic folk-inspired pieces.
(1) How do you find the music you listen to? Blogs, music magazines, research (because of interest.) (2) What is your favorite way to enjoy music (live, alone, in the car, bath, work, etc.)? With a glass of wine, a cigarette and my headphones on (3) What do you find exciting about the new music you listen to? The different sorts of energy they catalyze in me (4) What is it about the songs you’ve been listening to for years that resonates with you? Depends. with some songs I feel I can relate to the music, with others to the lyrics, and then others move me because of the attached memories.
1. El Guincho // Bombay
2. Disclosure // Carnival
3. Magician // Mixtapes
4. Jamie Woon // Night Air
5. Aleesi Brothers // Seabird
6. The Swiss // Bubble Bath
7. Erik Satie // Gnossiennes
8. Tanita Tikaram // Twist In My Sobriety
9. Fleetwood Mac // The Chain
10. The Gossip // Careless Whisper
11. Lio // Sage Comme Une Image
ASSEMBLY NEW YORK
For the sake of joining like-minded individuals through music and experience, we ask friends, designers, musicians, artists, stylists, writers & other cultural contributors to share their libraries and thoughts with us... a service of www.assemblynewyork.com.